Tuesday, January 19, 2010



"I got a black magic woman
Got me so blind I can't see
That she's a black magic woman
She's tryin' to make a devil out of me"
Santana

I am delighted to say that 2010 has started out with a real "Bing Bang Boom" on our Three Wise Girls Show. Our show with Christophe Van Der Hogan-Landry took us into the very core of a social and political movement that is sweeping the country, led by this dynamic young man. Our second segment of the year, In Dreams, allowed us to talk about dream experiences with others who have had similar experiences, without the risk of being scoffed at.

And, there is no doubt our third show is going to be no less controversial, or sizzle with less "Bing Bang Boom".

There is a new feline species evolving, and it is preying on our innocent young men.

Now that I've got your attention, I'm talking about Cougars. No, not that kind. I'm talking about the 40+ year-old gorgeous single women out there that are ready for some good times with younger men, and don't feel like they have to apologize to anyone for it. Oh, and the "innocent young men" part, you didn't think I was serious, did you?

The word Cougar, as defined in this blog, conjures up visions of women running in packs, and hitting the bars in search of younger men with which to quench their thirsts. (In more ways than one.) Ah...but what about the ones in the office, the boardroom, your neighbor, or maybe even ... your friend? Cougars are global, and not confined to a specific region or country.

The truth is that there have always been older women who have had secret trysts with younger men. The thing is ... it wasn't as trendy as it is now. We have film stars, movies, and T.V. to thank for bringing this new form of entertainment to the forefront and making it downright trendy.

But back to real life, what about the young women out there? Are they growing resentful that these older and bolder women are splashing into their pool of "love princes"? Are the kids of these self-professed Cougars reading up on the emancipation laws of their states in hopes of changing their names and moving to another state where no one knows who their mother is? Is there a stone-faced mother out there this very moment opening the front door to find Junior standing there with a silly smile on his face, and his arm wrapped around the waist of a woman who just happened to graduate in the same senior class with her?

Who knows? But, I bet there is a 40+ beauty sitting in a bar, a restaurant, or maybe a private club, who doesn't care what the world thinks ...as she sits there smiling alluringly into the eyes of her adoring young suitor, while she leans over and whispers ..."the next round is on me. "

2 comments:

  1. WHY didn't I know about your blog? Honest ... I don't think I registered knowing about it before. Great stuff, Debbie! As usual, of course. I have now read them all & am getting ready to subscribe. "See" you on our show on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm just full of surprises,lol. Thank you for your kind words. Truly, coming from you, it means a whole lot. Yep, see you Thursday. This show is going to rock. :o)

    ReplyDelete